Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble



"Moments In Love"


For those who arent hip let me start off by giving a brief bio on these talented brothas from Chicago by way of New-York. The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble is a 9-piece, Chicago based jazz group featuring the 8 sons of Jazz great Phil Cohran on horns. These cats started as a street ensemble before recording in 2004. These guys have performed with the likes of Mos Def, Erykah Badu, and Maxwell & you can catch em all over the nation primarily in New-York.

I stumbled upon these cats reading the comments of an Asher Roth clip where him & Devin the dude were in the studio & they were goin-in over the trumpets of "Balicky Bone" (the first joint listed above). I instantly got chills & had to hear more which in turn had me on You-Tube until almost 3am. So what kind of guy what I be if I didnt share such musical greatness to the rest of the Potluck fam.... So if your a conniseur of good music sit back & enjoy greatness...
**RO**

2 comments:

Cresha Beezie said...

Even more spectacularlive! Awesome band....

California Luv said...

they played the condensed version of moments in love cuz that song is long as HELL!