Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Anita Baker: Angel (Classic Material!)



So... Im still up you tubing & its now 12:42am. I guess now that the semester is over I dont know what to do with myself, but I digress... I posted this joint not only because its freakin timeless, but also because it brings back memories of when Mom Dukes would wake up early Saturday morning to clean up our tiny apartment & would have Anita Baker blasting through the walls.

A time when gas was probably like $1.50 a gallon. A time when I would give a lung to be on Double Dare, a time when the sound of the ice cream truck would make me damn near body-slam my grandmother for 75 cents. & a time when all I needed was a fresh pair of British Knights & a Bugs/Taz tee-shirt & I was good to go... THIS GROWN UP S#!T IS FOR THE BIRDS!!!!
**RO**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

RO: MY MAN, I SWEAR THATS THE TRUTH, MAN "BACK 'N' DAY".....

creshabeezie said...

I 'member those days--Body Slam your grandmother?! quite an image...lil' violent, nerd...I feel you though