Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sgt Hawkins says: The Onus is on You!!



I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Sirius Satellite's Reggie Hawkins and was pleasantly surprised at how real, down to earth, and deep this brother is. When I first saw him, I must admit that I was ready for a classic DJ Clue moment...you know one of those moments where you meet someone of some importance to you and they can't even glance up from their blackberry for a moment to even look you in the face. However, from the moment I said hello as I went to take my seat at the panel discussion, till the moment we concluded our interview, Reggie Hawkins proved the industry isn't completely full of...

Known on air as Sgt Hawkins, his alter-ego is no misnomer. Hawkins has been running things behind the scenes for years. Serving as long time program coordinator and show producer at New Yorks famed HOT 97; He is the man partially credited with the success of the wonderful tomfoolery known as the Star and Buckwild morning show (man I miss them) and has trained up industry giants like Green Lantern, Cipha Sounds, Kay Slay, and Dj Envy (you know I had to mention my Hampton Alum). He is now Formats Director at Shade 45 and Hip-Hop Nation on Sirius Satellite radio. (not a bad job huh?)

Given the chance to sit down with a Radio/Music Industry Vet of this caliber you know I had to ask the number one question on the minds of our readers:




So with that good readers the onus (SAT word of the day: responsibility, duty) is on YOU to go out and support the artists that you love.

The onus is on YOU to call your local radio station and request that new Q-tip (if you didn't know Renaissance is the hottest ish EVER).

The onus is on YOU to go out and cop that Janelle Monae Metropolis album in-stores now..LOL okay I'm done with the plugs...

Seriously readers BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN RADIO!


**Sincerely Serious**


6 comments:

Ro said...

Serious interviews Sirius??? *Kudos* I am soooo in the building when the seminar returns in May!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]phentermine 375[/url] are tablets that forbear slacken up on fuselage weight. One of these tabs has to be enchanted with water, round 20 minutes ahead a collation, twice a day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]Phen375[/url] are tablets that forbear abridge confederation weight. One of these tabs has to be taken with fizzy water be illogical, round 20 minutes ahead a refection, twice a day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia extract benefits[/url] is the rout paunchy fervid force out nearby in vend for the nonce a days. Yield upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia side effects[/url] is the rout paunchy blazing wring readily obtainable in superstore contemporarily a days. Lose upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select