Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Homecoming Recap: SpelHouse & Hampton

SpelHouse Homecoming Oct 24-26th


Thursday: This was the unofficial start to homecoming and all I can say is that it went down at the Tap...lol...


Friday (it was 40 degrees and raining all day): The fourth annual Black Love party. It took place at the Georgia Freight Depot. To be honest although that joint was PACKED it didn't rock...the DJ was just mediocre and I wasn't sure whether I was in Bankhead (White T's and Stripper fits) or Buckhead (Suits and Cocktail Dresses) from one moment to the next. I expected more from this crowd....


Highlight of the night: Janelle Monae came and kicked it tough!! Such a sweet girl support her!! Metropolis in stores now!!!



Saturday: By far the BEST day of SpelHouse homecoming and by far the BEST TAILGATE I've ever been to. The weather cleared up and it was really nice out. People set up the tents, bbq's, and drinks and it was on and poppin. I think that people were so tore up by 6:00pm that I can't find anyone who actually went to the party on Turner Field that night! Needless to say a goodtime was had by all.



Sunday: You know people made their way to New Birth Baptist smellin like budda and hennessey. I was on my way back to the Land but I heard service was good.



NOW on to the REAL HU!!! Hampton University Homecoming Oct 31st- Nov 2nd

Friday: Fridays are always flossy at Hampton homecoming this is the first time you will see people for the weekend and this really is just a stunt fest! There are lots of vendors and boothes set up around the student union and people just just socialized walked around and partied.



Saturday: The game and tailgating as with most homecomings. But again at Hampton its really just a stunt fest! I doubt anyone knows the score of the game or what songs the band played. People really just come out to people watch and floss. Where else will you see people poppin bottles and walking around with champagne flutes?



Saturday Night: PRESIDENTIAL STATUS...as with most HBCU homecomings Hampton had a election themed alumni cab at the Marriott Waterfront. The joint was packed and it rocked. HU alum DJ Envy was spinnin and holding it down for DJ Clue and Desert Storm who have def been missing in action.



Sunday: Everyone hit up local favorite Tommy's. Its only open from 5am-3pm and is the only place you can get 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 sausage, homefries, and grits for $3.49. Of course the line to get in was wrapped around the building but of course it was worth the wait.


Hands down I think HU kinda brought it this year...no bias here at all ;)

**Sincerely Serious**

2 comments:

California Luv said...

Man! Im so tight that i couldn't go to SpelHouse this year! I heard it was jerkin!
As for Hampton INSTITUTE, a lil jealous about the Dj Envy thing....had no idea he was a Hampton Alumn. That's so cool when like dope people from the industry went to your alma mater(i.e. Diddy-HOWARD UNIVERSITY!)
lol... =)
♥ the ReaL HU 2010
I still luv you tho Revive!

Ro said...

I kick myself everyday for not going to an HBCU...