Monday, August 11, 2008

CRS - Everyone Nose x Question of The Week


N.E.R.D - Everyone Nose Remix (feat CRS & Pusha T) from Mars on Vimeo.

We kinda slept on posting our favorite group of mc's newest offering which as expected is dope-a-licious!!! But nonetheless, it has to go up....even if its for as our favorite blogger eskay says "archival purposes". But its also a perfect segue (sp? ...I'll check it later) into our newest segment "Question of the Week"!!! In this segment we will present a question that will be answered by all V-Squad members and hopefully chimed in upon by our readers. No life or world changing commentary here..... cause thats simply not the "PotLuck Way" just lighthearted relevant chit-chat!! Lets jump it off:

With the newest offerings from the Neptunes, be it in the form of just Pharell & Chad, N.E.R.D. or CRS the neptunes have expanded their audience and sound tremendously. Considering all of the above what is your all time favorite Pharell & Chad produced track?

StepOne: The best neptunes song or beat was superthug. Superthug started off the neptunes as one of hip hops powerhouse producers but it also was one of my alltime favorite club bangers. Nore, while not the most spectacular lyricist did a good job riding the beat and making a terrific track.
Noreaga - Superthug


Ro!:This question is so difficult to answer because the Neptunes have put in so much work over the years, but if I gotta pick one beat that stands out from the rest, I gotta go with the "I Still Love you" beat that the Neptunes did for 702. The drums are crazy & the bells take me straight to Jamout blvd. The transition into the bridge is also noteworthy, its just an all around dope track...
702 - I Still Love You


Teddy:Aiight, my favorite beat from the neptunes is honestly all their beats! Lo~fi/Hi~fi electronica based beats, mixed together w/ live band and hip~hop melody&harmony's definitly puts the neptunes ahead of the production game about a couple years!

Nyce:Im gonna be going with the obvious here......"Grindin" has to be my all time favorite Neptunes track. I remember the first time I heard it I was like "what is this"??? You hear alot of cats talk about " (insert random beat) is gonna be the next millie" well I would go as far to say "millie" was the next "grindin". The drums and lack of melody on that track was so nuts that it had every rapper of that day jumping on it to freestyle and intimidated dj's to mix it (if your mix was even slightly off while mixing grindin the whole world would know.lol).
Clipse - Grindin

3 comments:

California Luv said...

awwww....the 702 one was good. My favorite is probably "Allure" off the the Black Album.....kinda makes me feel like im floating......hope that didn't weird anybody out, LOL.

Ro said...

I cant front... I do low-key levetate when the beat drops, then when I notice that people are watching I fall back to the ground.

California Luv said...

LMAO! right....on sum total david blaine s*%t!! Lol!! good times.... =)