Monday, August 11, 2008

Solange Knowles - F*ck The Industry (Signed Sincerely)



This is an underground track that I came across by Baby sister, Solange Knowles. She takes Kanye's "Everything I Am", off of the Graduation album and puts her own spin on it, which includes her perception of the industry as an up and coming artist shadowing her famous siblings' international superstardom. Here's what Solange had to say in regards to the track:

"When I heard Kanye's "Everything I Am" I instantly fell in love.
I felt my story somewhere in his. I felt his frustration yet
acceptance of who he was.
So I decided to put my own little twist on it:)"

I'll admit, I was not feeling the whole idea of another Matthew Knowles project on the scene, but Baby Sister has been proving me wrong as of late. She's lowkey hitting the industry real hard, ceasing alot of the naysayers. If she keeps it up, she may have a fan on her hands =) Her raw swag on this track took me off guard, I think that's way I like it so much, lol. Enjoy!
♥ CaLiforNia LuV

4 comments:

Ro said...

WOW! She killed it.

California Luv said...

told ya.....i luv this!

Garrett said...

This bangs.

I'm definitely a Solange fan low key lol. "I Decided" goes hard to me lol don't tell nobody I said that though.

California Luv said...

I tried so hard not to like "I Decided", lol. Couldn't help it tho. She does her thing.