Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What Are Your Thoughts??


About a week ago, L'Oreal costmetics released an ad from their hair color line, Feria. The ad features seemingly lighter, and nearly unrecognizable, Beyonce'. With the recent publicity regarding the topic of being "Black in America", not to mention Procter and Gamble (L'Oreal's Corporate Company), doing a Multi-City tour entitled "My Black is Beautiful", how does this ad make you feel? I want to hear from the entire Potluck Fam on this one. To be honest, I am a young Black Woman (in America), and I'm not even sure of my feelings toward the ad either. So, let's spark some discussion.
♥ CaliForNia LuV

6 comments:

California Luv said...

This kinda makes me uneasy....like you're supposed to be making a statement with the beauty of black women, yet you take one of the biggest stars in our community and make her look like she's a totally different race.....iono.

Ro said...

1 fish 2 fish, red fish blue fish, nick nack paddy wack, give a dog a bone. You do the knowledge...

California Luv said...

whaaaaat????? lol

Malakhi said...

Yeah, WTF are you talking about RO??? LOL

Ro said...

Remember on "Dont be a Menace" when the muslim in jail was talkn about "the man"? Ah forget it, Yall Jake!

California Luv said...

I meant for this to be somewhat of a serious post RO....not 4 you to take a satirical movie n poke fun @ it....now my thoughts don't mean anything....thanks. you're super.