Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Weekend Recap Part II Chip Tha Ripper

Varsity Squad Exclusive: Chip Tha Ripper Interview with Double O



As I walked into the Grog Shop 'band room' with Double O he introduces me to Naledge and then points to a young man in the corner and says, "This is Chip Tha Ripper. You need to know him. He's the next big thing. He's from Cleveland. Talk to him."


The catch is Chip is already big. Boasting some of the hottest club singles in the city and a dope mixtape with world-renowned DJ Mickboogie, its just a matter of moments before the whole country is fresh fly and fitted.


Here's what happened when Double O did the interviewing:


Double O: How would you describe your writing style?
Chip: Man its a combination of Big L and Redman. Their styles influenced me the way they amuse people with word play. I want to do that just awe people with my use of words.


Double O: How do you feel you are representing Cleveland in the rap game?
Chip: I talk to the world instead of just where I am.




Double O: How does it feel being embraced by the hipster crowd?
Chip: We aimed for the hood but it was authentic so everyone felt it. It feels good.


Double O: Do you feel you need to move away from Cleveland to reach ultimate success?
Chip: Work is what you make it. You can be anywhere and make it happen. I definitely have to travel and get around the world, but leave Cleveland, no, I don't think I have to do that.



Double O: Describe yourself in one word.
Chip: Unpredictable


**Sincerely Serious**


(Look out for the feature article on RS.com where Chip talks about his days as a battle rapper, working with Wyclef, and what it takes to make it happen! ;) )

1 comment:

Ro said...

Chip is definitely representing the city as he should be...